- 09 Oct 2022
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Family Friendly Blue Gum Bush Walk
When? 1.00pm Sunday 9th October. Finish approx. 3.00pm. (1.5-2hr walking)
Where? Meet at Rosemead picnic grounds, bottom of Rosemead Road, Hornsby
Who? Waitara Anglican children, their families and friends
What to bring?
– Your family and friends. All children must come with a responsible adult.
– Afternoon tea.- Hat, jumper and walking shoes.
– You may like to bring a picnic lunch with you the enjoy at the picnic area beforehand.
• Meet at Rosemead Road Picnic area at the bottom of Rosemead Road Hornsby.
• There is plenty for car parking in Rosemead or Valley Road.
• The track is a loop and we will end the walk at Ginger Meggs park on Valley road which is only minutes’ walk from the picnic area.
• If you are unsure if your small people can walk this far, little legs might enjoy a shorter walk (1.2km) to the Fishponds and then back to have afternoon tea and play in the park.
• Make sure you let Victoria know who is coming.
• If the weather is wet and we decide to cancel, we will let you know beforehand.
RSVP by Sat 8th Oct to Victoria(firstname.lastname@example.org, 0404626431)
“The 4 km Blue Gum Walk in Hornsby is one amazing walking track. From high gum trees and beautiful green ferns to creek crossings and valley views, this walk explores various landscapes and environments.”
(For more information see map below or visit https://sydneyuncovered.com/blue-gum-walk-hornsby/)